|Location: Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria||Salary: Up to £1 per annum + Salary advertised on application|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
The successful candidate will be required to work as an integral member of the team supporting the Strategic Weapons Test Organisation at Barrow-in-Furness. This combined team will be responsible for the build, test and commissioning of the Strategic Weapon System being installed in the new Dreadnought Class submarines. You will provide extensive and in depth SWS experience supporting of the testing, commissioning and setting to work of the Strategic Weapons System.
What you need to be the successful Field Engineer:
- Thorough working knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems and support equipment
- Good working knowledge of Navigation/Platform interfaces
- Proficient experience of Microsoft Office Software suite
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships with the confidence to debate technical issues with both Customer and Design Authority
- Pro-active approach to providing solutions to emergent challenges
- Excellent fault-finding skills and knowledge of sound fault-finding techniques
- Ability to take ownership of tasks as delegated
- Have first rate customer interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Possess a willingness to conduct detached travel whilst undergoing specialist tailored training and experiential learning opportunities. This may include periods on secondment throughout the UK or to the US.
The role will primarily involve testing, commissioning and setting to work of the Strategic Weapons Navigation Sub-System on the new Dreadnought submarines. We are looking for an engineer with a background working with the SWS Navigation subsystem ideally, However we can also consider someone who has experience work working on, testing/installing/commissioning navigation systems on other platforms such as aircraft or surface ships etc. This does not have to be defence experience but would ideally be defence related but we do require someone who understands inertial navigation systems.
If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Must be eligible for security clearance