|Location: Helensburgh||Salary: £25000 - £32000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Field Engineer needed to join my client on a permanent basis. My client are the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board the Vanguard class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support.
What the role entails:
The successful candidate will be required to work as an integral member of the In-Service Support team based in Faslane. Successful candidates will initially be based in Faslane for induction and SWS training updates. Thereafter, all successful candidates will be streamed into full-time positions in Faslane or the Strategic Weapons Test Organisation (SWTO) who are responsible for the build, test and commissioning of SWS at Barrow-in-Furness. Successful candidates will provide extensive SWS experience in support of the testing, commissioning and setting to work of the Strategic Weapons System.
What you need to be the successful Field Engineer:
In order to be the successful Field Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Thorough knowledge of applicable SWS subsystems and support equipment
- Thorough knowledge of applicable SWS documentation
- Good working knowledge of SWS/SWSS and Ship Interfaces.
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering knowledge / background.
- Must have a minimum of an HNC or an equivalent level of experience.
- Excellent fault finding skills and knowledge of sound fault finding techniques.
- Have first rate customer interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- Possess a willingness to conduct detached travel whilst undergoing specialist tailored training and experiential opportunities. This may include protracted periods on secondment throughout the UK or to the US
- Thorough knowledge of SSBN SWS operations in applicable SWS subsystem
- Good working knowledge of Fibre Optic Networking.
- Good working knowledge of VME systems.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Field Engineer to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.