|Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Technology, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Field Service Manager required for one of the UKs leading defence / technology companies based in Salisbury. My client are leading the way when it comes to research and development within defence markets.
Ideal candidates for this Field Service Manager position will have Line Management experience within an IT Communications and Desktop Support team, as well as having strong and demonstrable experience of network classifications, CCTV systems, Structures Cabling and Telecoms cabling.
Salary for this position has not been advertised, and will be discussed upon application.
All applicants for Field Service Manager must be eligible for Security Clearance to SC level.
Key Responsibilites for Field Service Manager:
* Line Management of IT Communications and Desktop support team.
* On boarding new tenants to site to ensure adherence to IT guidelines to maintain site List X accreditation.
* Focal/escalation point for all IT related issues.
* Champion Good Practice processes across Field Services team
* Provide hands on engineering & project support when and where required.
* Ensure own performance positively impacts the performance of the Field Services team.
* Ensure capability of the team is sufficient to fulfil operational requirements.
* Further develop teams capabilities, encourage, coach and mentor team.
* Health & Safety of self and team.
* Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
* Ensuring compliance with QinetiQ policies, procedures and work instructions
Key Qualifications and Experience:
o ITIL V3 Foundation certificate
o Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT)
o Microsoft Certified IT Professional or equivalent experience. (MCITP)
o CompTIA Cloud +
o CompTIA Mobility +
o CompTIA Security +
* Demonstrable IT Infrastructure knowledge including:
o Structured Cabling.
o Telecoms cabling
o Network Equipment Rooms
o Fibre Optics
o Working with different network classifications
* CCTV systems
* Surveying - pricing and costing IT installations internally and externally
* Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
* Service Management Ticketing - Resolve
* Experience of handling service complaints
* Strong customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
All applicants for Field Service Manager must be eligible for SC clearance.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please press 'apply now'!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.