|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Temporary|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 25 days ago|
6 Month fixed term contract
Finance Analyst needed for a leading Engineering company based in Bournemouth who are looking to employ an experienced Finance Analyst with Cash Books, Accountancy and VAT returns experience
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Finance Analyst will include:
- Cash Books - (GBP, EURO and USD) on a daily basis write up and post the cash book transactions to the Operating Businesses general ledgers and provide a fully reconciled bank reconciliation at the end of each reporting week and at the period end.
- Calculate and post the revaluation of the EURO bank account to the Operating Businesses general ledgers.
- Prepayments and accruals - accurately accrue and prepay the Operating Businesses costs periodically and produce the relevant balance sheet reconciliation.
- Fixed assets - maintain the Operating Businesses FAR by calculating and posting the period's depreciation to the general ledgers, calculating the loss or gain on disposal and tracking the approved CAPEX spend. In addition produce the balance sheet reconciliation
- VAT - prepare and submit the approved Operating Business VAT return, being mindful of the Making Tax Digital requirement. In addition produce the balance sheet reconciliation
- Monthly overhead analysis - prepare and send the OPEX reports for the Operating Businesses, provide analysis of variances to budget and short term forecast.
- Adhoc reporting as required by the GBS UK Financial Controller
What you need to be the successful Finance Analyst:
In order to be the successful Finance Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A sound understanding of the basic accounting processes is essential with some experience of management accounting related matters. The ability and desire to interpret financial information will be beneficial to the successful candidate. Security Clearance to a minimum of BPSS required.
- Preferably AAT qualified with a desire to progress to the CIMA / ACCA qualification
- This role is suitable for someone who demonstrates motivation and enthusiasm for developing their skills. They are able to communicate with all levels within the business and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. Willing to embrace change and able to identify opportunities for continuous development.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.