|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics, Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence company based in West London who are looking to employ an experienced Finance Business Partner. Who has a recognised professional accounting qualification either, CIMA, ACCA or ACA, someone who has experience in forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis and someone who is experienced in the defence contracting industry and government contracting regulations.
What the role entails:
The Finance Business Partner will provide leadership in all aspects of finance. The Finance Business Partner will ensure the maintenance of adequate financial controls; producing timely and insightful information; and contributing to and managing the process and adherence to forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
Some of the main duties of the Finance Business Partner will include:
Financial & Operational Management
- Ensure effective processes are in place to accurately cost products and services and manage gross margin maximisation. Oversee the preparation of cost estimates for bids and proposals, ensure commercial terms meet with financial goals and that risks have been fully assessed and mitigated for CS.
- Support in the preparation, presentation and delivery of annual budget and strategic planning process. Ensuring cooperation and alignment with department heads. Present operational metrics to monitor and explain progress. Implement a programme of timely corrective actions where necessary.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics as required by the Managing Director and the Finance Director. Ensure information is accurate, timely, complete and appropriate for purpose.
- Ensure that finance team maintain financial records and systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are compliant with local and governmental reporting requirements and that provisioning is appropriate for the level of risk.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, a robust controls environment is in place and that approval processes and delegated authorities are adhered to. Ensure audit issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage cash flow and exchange risk, including proactive working capital management and accurate cash forecasting.
- Direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
- Evaluate business processes, recommend and implement improvements.
- Proactively challenge the assumptions inherent in financial data presented in order to make an appropriate judgement as to its validity and value.
- Consolidate all financial reporting into the companies view, including actuals, management reporting, forecasts, budgets and the strategic plan.
- Identify and support the implementation of the IFS and its ongoing improvements and manage the transition of work to the Shared Service Centre for the wider business.
- Complete and review of annual statutory financial and tax packs. Prepare and review sales and margins analysis and reporting. Ensuring an understanding of movements and variance to budget and prior years.
- Coordinate requirements in support of internal and external audits.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and work instructions are maintained and appropriately documented. Additionally, support the integration of common practices and processes across the company.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Provide leadership to the Finance team by providing clear goals and objectives aligned with the Business plan. Guide larger multi-disciplinary teams outside of direct span of control.
- Engage other members of the Management Team to facilitate cross-department collaboration that ensures that all financial and IT solutions positively support the business's strategic plan execution, operational delivery, and data collection needs.
- Work to continuously improve the finance function and the way it serves others in the Company.
What you need to be the successful Finance Business Partner:
In order to be the successful Finance Business Partner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Technically and managerial competent with impact awareness of specialist areas including foreign exchange management, controls and governance, audit, ethics and risk management. Full understanding of IAS.
- Experienced in the defence contracting industry and government contracting regulations.
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis.
- IT literate - Microsoft, finance and management accounting systems, ERP systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload.
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team.
- Manage and motivate direct reports. Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
If you would like to apply for the Finance Business Partner role, you need to be eligible for Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.