|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly Jempson|
Finance Manager (Purchase Ledger and Data Controller)
Currently looking for a Finance Manager to join one of the UK's Beauty and Health Retailer's, based in Croydon.
Purpose of the Finance Manager:
As the Finance Manager, you will be required to work with closely with other functions (i.e. Commercial, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Property and Procurement functions) to ensure continual development and maintenance of accounts payable and master data processes relating to the business's finance requirements. The Finance Manager will have overall level responsibility for key contracts held by the team in terms of ensuring day to day requirements and billing are in line with the agreement and raising any performance issues or incorrect billing directly.
- Excellent plus pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Staff discount
Some of the main duties of the Finance Manager will include:
- Overseeing and submitting all internal control reporting requirements in line with AS Watson guidelines.
- Ensuring an appropriate account reconciliation process is maintained throughout the year to provide assurance over key control accounts and other accounts as required.
- Oversee defined reporting requirements for both the Property Admin team and the Purchase Ledger team, as part of:
Month end reporting
* Quarterly and annual reporting (both internal and external)
- Develop, analyse and report monthly key metrics and service delivery targets for the data control and purchase ledger areas, with focus on quality and consistent improvements. Continually benchmark against best industry practice to ensure performance is continually improved and maintained
- Support the Data Control Manager to ensure the team processes all master data requests/requirements for Horizon, Oracle and Retek systems promptly and meet AS Watson data control requirements.
- Regularly review with the Data Control Manager SLAs and metrics for Superdrug, Savers and Three to ensure service delivery is met and address any unfavourable performance with other functions or the team. Support the Data Control Manager to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external teams where required.
- Purchase Ledger:
- Support the Purchase Ledger Manager to ensure their active involvement in the development of all activities and services provided to the business related to accounts payable, travel and expense.
- Confirm the business strategic approach to employee travel and expense management with executive management. Develop a roadmap covering all requirements to support the agreed direction including the ownership of the expenses policy, resourcing and system development.
- Regularly review with the Purchase Ledger Manager SLAs and metrics for Superdrug and Savers to ensure service delivery is met and address any unfavourable performance with other functions or the team. Support the Purchase Ledger Manager to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external teams where required.
Skills and qualifications as a Finance Manager:
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
- Ability to understand the "big picture" as well as having an eye for detail.
- Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Degree qualified/part qualified or equivalent level
Experience needed as the Finance Manager:
- Knowledge and experience in centralised data control and purchase ledger processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing a large team of part and unqualified finance personnel.
- Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!