|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: £40 - £48 per hour|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Term: 12 months initially
Hours: 37 hours per week
Hourly rate: £40-£48
Currently looking for a Finance Manager to join a multinational Medical Devices and pharmaceutical manufacturing company, based in Wokingham.
Purpose of the Finance Manager:
As a Finance Manager you will provide support to the Business Leaders for Ireland Medical Devices and CSS UK by acting as a valued business partner whilst managing & developing the analyst.
Some of the main duties for the Finance Manager will include:
- Lead and develop high quality business partnering support to the Irish Medical business and CSS UK
- Provide financial guidance and counsel to the commercial business, actively partnering the Business Leads to diagnose performance through BVA analysis, and support in course correction/ decision making processes
- Assist and influence to ensure that BU financial targets are met - including GP, Opex, MNI, SNI, MRSNI etc
- Monitor System Net Income / Source GP integrity (systems profitability)
- Proactive partnering with GS and BS CoE with the mutual goal of delivering best business outcomes
- Drive standardization of process improvement & sharing best practice across UK / Irl and wider J&J including the GS team in Prague as well as the BS CoE
- Support Commercial Business to build a realistic, yet stretching Business Plans and work with BSCOE to ensure business plans are correctly reflected in corporate systems
- Provide sound financial analyses of cases for new business opportunities that exist at local level (key accounts; new commercial policies; distribution channels; Capital Investments etc)
- Support the implementation of adhoc business and finance projects.
- Monitor analysis and interpretation of macroeconomic environment to propose adequate financial actions
- Leadership and management of direct report, facilitating and coaching through a high standard of meaningful P&D 5 conversations
- There will be a requirement to travel to Dublin approx. once a month to support the Ireland Business Lead and to facilitate a strong working relationship and efficient outcomes.
- A degree of other overseas travel may be required and is dependent on project involvement
Skills and qualifications as a Finance Manager:
- ACA / CIMA Qualified.
- University degree
- 7+ years' experience post qualification.
- Good tenure in previous roles whether permanent or contract.
- Blue chip/ large Corporate experience
- Experienced M1 / external equivalent
- Must have significant previous commercial support experience
- Knowledge of NHS, sales channels and Medical Devices
- Proven ability to bring clarity to complex business issues and proven success in managing complex projects & processes
- A track record of driving constructive change should be evident
- Ability to lead people in a complex environment and develop individuals to meet the future needs of the business
- Excellent communication & business partnering skills
- Ability to analyse the financial data ensuring that it makes business sense
- Strong team player, people manager and ethical (Credo minded)
- Highly computer literate, experience with ERP systems and Microsoft packages.
- Influencing skills - across cultural differences and ensuring all management understand the Financial priorities and constraints, ability to align business partners on tough financial calls
- Utilize knowledge of organizational drivers, dynamics, and informal networks to influence appropriate business decisions
- Deliver presentations to senior management with confidence in English; facilitate group discussions to ensure understanding and achieve the best possible outcome; provide recommendations and solutions; encourage others to speak their mind; demonstrate confidence to acknowledge when answer is unknown to a business question
- Share important and useful information; stay focused on the issues; foster an environment that encourages the sharing of ideas and best practice (internal and external)
- Demonstrate work life balance; solicit feedback on organizational health and implement improvements; remove barriers to success
- Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs for business impact
- Communicate and get cross-organizational alignment around the time constraints and commitments required; anticipate and resolve workload bottlenecks
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with corporate accounting systems (eg JDE, SAP) and proficient spreadsheet skills
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!