|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £64000 - £66000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kelly Jempson||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Finance Manager (Purchases Ledger and Payables)
Finance Manager needed for a well-known retail brand based in Croydon. The successful Finance Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £65,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- 25 day's holiday
- Staff discount
- Life Assurance
What the role entails:
Ensure all controls are in place to minimise risk, for both the purchase ledger and data control processes by:
- Overseeing and submitting all internal control reporting requirements in line with AS Watson guidelines.
- Ensuring an appropriate account reconciliation process is maintained throughout the year to provide assurance over key control accounts and other accounts as required.
- Oversee defined reporting requirements for both the Property Admin team and the Purchase Ledger team, as part of: Month end reporting, Quarterly and annual reporting (both internal and external)
- Develop, analyse and report monthly key metrics and service delivery targets for the data control and purchase ledger areas, with focus on quality and consistent improvements.
- Continually benchmark against best industry practice to ensure performance is continually improved and maintained.
- Support the Data Control Manager to ensure the team processes all master data requests/requirements for Horizon, Oracle and Retek systems promptly and meet company data control requirements.
- Regularly review with the Data Control Manager SLAs and metrics for the company
- Support the Data Control Manager to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external teams where required.
- Support the Purchase Ledger Manager to ensure their active involvement in the development of all activities and services provided to the business related to accounts payable, travel and expense.
- Confirm the business strategic approach to employee travel and expense management with executive management. Develop a roadmap covering all requirements to support the agreed direction including the ownership of the expenses policy, resourcing and system development.
- Regularly review with the Purchase Ledger Manager SLAs and metrics for the company to ensure service delivery is met and address any unfavorable performance with other functions or the team. Support the Purchase Ledger Manager to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external teams where required.
What you need to be the successful Finance Manager:
- Knowledge and experience in centralised data control and purchase ledger processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing a large team of part and unqualified finance personnel.
- Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
- Degree qualified/part qualified or equivalent level
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
- Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online or feel free to give Kelly Jempson a call on 01342 330557.