|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £64000 - £66000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kelly Jempson||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Finance Team Manager (Credit and Billing)
Finance Team Manager needed for a well-known retail brand based in Croydon. The successful Finance Team Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £65,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- 25 day's holiday
- Staff discount
- Life Assurance
What the role entails:
This role will be required to work with closely with other functions (i.e. Store Operations, Internal Audit, Security and IT primarily) to ensure continual development and retention of good store procedures and processes relating to the business's finance requirements.
The Finance Team Manager will have overall level responsibility for key contracts held by the team in terms of ensuring day to day requirements and billing are in line with the agreement and raising any performance issues or incorrect billing directly. They will have overall responsibility for key contracts in relation to renewal and tender opportunities. They will be supported by the Credit Manager and Cash Manager when undertaking regular meetings with service providers.
Governance, Controls and reporting
Ensure all controls are in place to minimise risk, for both the credit and cash processes by:
- Overseeing and submitting all internal control reporting requirements in line with company guidelines.
- Ensuring an appropriate account reconciliation process is maintained throughout the year to provide assurance over key control accounts and other accounts as required.
- Oversee defined reporting requirements for both teams, as part of: Month end reporting
Quarterly and annual reporting (both internal and external)
- Develop, analyse and report monthly key metrics and service delivery targets for the cash and credit control areas, with focus on quality and consistent improvements. Continually benchmark against best industry practice to ensure performance is continually improved and maintained.
Retail Sales & Revenue
- Support the Credit Manager to ensure the credit team raises all Supplier Income invoices and credit notes promptly and are based on supportable evidence.
- Regularly review with the Credit Manager outstanding debts due to the company and to support in minimising overdue debt relating to Supplier Income, Sundry Debtors and Property Rental Income. Escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external teams where required.
- Support the Cash Manager's active involvement in the development of all activities and services provided to stores and cash related functions.
- Escalate issues regarding stock/cash/other tender type losses as appropriate and provide field teams (store operations/security/internal audit) with information to conduct investigations as appropriate.
- Support the Cash Manager to be instrumental in developing procedures and controls for reducing stock/cash losses. This will involve project-based work with retail operations, security, audit and buying as appropriate.
What you need to be the successful Finance Manager:
- Knowledge and experience in finance processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of risk and controls (shrinkage, credit risk). Expert knowledge of credit control processes and procedures to minimise risk.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing a mid-sized team of qualified, part and unqualified finance personnel.
- Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
- Degree qualified or equivalent level
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at all levels, demonstrating leadership.
- Strong ability and experience in coaching and developing staff to achieve their full potential, whilst able to undertake those difficult conversations when required.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online or feel free to give Kelly Jempson a call on 01342 330557.