|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: £25000 - £32000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services, Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Steve Barham||Job Published: 6 days ago|
This is an opportunity for a part qualified or qualified by experience accountant to join a business who invests in their staff and offers a progressive opportunity with a large global business. The role will join the Corporate Reporting team within Financial Management & Reporting.
The objective of the role is to assist in the delivery of the monthly close process for UK and US reporting, including preparation of timetable and control check lists. The role holder will be responsible for providing tax administration services for the group and for inter-company reporting and control for the group together with the provision of data in line with the new business sales reporting information to the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of financial accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Strong IT knowledge of competent user of MS Office and a sophisticated accounting system
- Part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
About the role
- Prepare the monthly financial close timetable, assign responsibilities and ensure that the close process is delivered
- Report progress and significant variations
- Ensure the monthly reconciliations have been completed in a timely manner
- Provide intercompany accounting for all group companies including costs recharged from the US parent company including VAT implications
- Challenge costs where appropriate and provide full reconciliation of balances to statements
- Prepare supporting documentation for the statutory returns company and group on a quarterly basis,
- Prepare draft quarterly submissions in line with the business requirements new business sales reporting requirements to the Financial Reporting Manager
- Ensure that all priority spreadsheets are compliant with accepted standards
This is an opportunity to join a business who have a high performing team and the offers great culture of investment and development in their staff as well a flexible working and a strong set of company benefits including a study package.
If you are interested please don't hesitate to apply or for more information please contact Steve Barham on 01342 330558