|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: Up to £75000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager needed for a well established Retail organisation based in Croydon who are looking to employ an experienced qualified Financial Reporting Manager with an in-depth knowledge of monthly management accounts and year end processes.
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 18 months.
Salary on offer is up to £75k per annum depending on experience + £5K car allowance
The successful Financial Reporting Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Financial Reporting Manager will include:
* The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of corporate financial reporting for the client's group of companies.
* Corporate financial reporting includes monthly, quarterly and annual preparation of financial statements for internal reporting purposes (i.e. management accounts) and for external reporting in line with the requirements set by the parent company of the client or statutory requirements.
* Full responsibility for ensuring a smooth running of month-end and quarter-end close processes to complete all reporting deliverables in an accurate and timely manner. This involves taking responsibility for the reporting timetables, effective communication of key work streams required and appropriate resolution/ escalation of issues as required
* Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts, quarterly reporting to Group and annual statutory accounts, ensuring appropriate levels of reviews take place and issues are resolved/ escalated as required prior to submission
* Ownership of financial year-end processes across finance, working collaboratively with external auditors, being the key point of contact and building and developing a key working relationship
* Manage and own the preparation of robust balance sheet and cash flow forecasts and reports, with insight-driven commentaries of key movements on a periodic basis Ensure the integrity of all balance sheets through robust reviews of reconciliations on a periodic basis, supported by appropriate resolution and/or escalation of issues as appropriate
* The role will involve managing and coaching a team of 2
* Act as the key point of contact for developments in Group accounting policy and internal control guidelines, ensuring key changes to policies are well communicated and understood by relevant stakeholders in the business
* Responsible for establishing accounting treatment of new business initiatives/ changes in processes, with demonstrable ability to advise the business on complex accounting issues
* Act as the key point of contact for the internal audit teams of the parent company, for on-going review work streams, advising the business on best practice processes from a control perspective
* Ownership of Corporation Tax compliance and returns, liaising with Group tax specialists and external service providers as appropriate. Involvement in quarterly tax committee and annual SAO certificate
* Take a lead in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of financial reporting and control environment
What you need to be the successful Financial Reporting Manager:
* ACA qualified with significant PQE
* Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at
all levels, demonstrating leadership
* Strong people management skills across a mixed team of experience and capability
* Able to look for creative solutions to issues
* Self-starter and able to work independently
* Experience of management and statutory reporting responsibilities under IFRS, with responsibilities of preparing group reporting in a multi-national organisation
* Up-to-date working knowledge of current and forthcoming IFRSs with expert knowledge of those applicable to the Retail sector
* Experience of project work on accounting projects/internal controls projects from an internal/external audit perspective, with working knowledge of COSO highly advantageous
* Experience of system implementation and project work relevant to financial reporting highly advantageous
* Experience of Oracle with deep knowledge of processes highly advantageous
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Reporting Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply or call Stalla on 01342 330581