|Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Fire Safety Engineer
West Midlands or Dorset
£40,000 - £60,000 + Bonus and Benefits package.
We are recruiting on behalf of a Systems and Engineering Technology Consultancy that helps organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. People join this company to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. The people stay with the company because they value a highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by sustained growth.
We are actively recruiting for a Fire and Safety Engineer, to support an expanding portfolio of fire safety consultancy, particularly in the nuclear industry and the Ministry of Defence. This is a very exciting role with opportunities to undertake fire engineering in a number of high fire risk industries, and also to expand your experience with other safety-related work.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate in fire engineering, or a Corporate Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who are looking to achieve Chartered Fire Engineer.
An essential part of the work is visiting clients for meetings, information gathering and viewing facilities, so you must be willing to travel within the UK. Client sites can vary and some could be in potential hazardous environments (power plants and factories), so you must be willing to uphold our high health and safety standards.
You may also have opportunities to travel abroad with this role.
You will be successful if you can demonstrate that you are a confident communicator who can interact with clients, colleagues and stakeholders. You should have a desire to take technical leadership and be responsible for project management.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Experience and /or qualified in Fire Engineering
- Excellent communication skills required both verbal and written.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A willingness to travel to different customer sites when necessary.
- Degree in a science, engineering or mathematical subject.
It is advantageous if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience and / or qualifications in Safety Engineering.
- Experience using fire engineering software such as CFAST.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.