|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
West London OR Gloucestershire
Firmware Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London OR Gloucestershirewho are looking to employ an experienced Firmware Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts, proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification and fully proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
The successful Firmware Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish on Friday
- Health care
- Dental care
- Matched 5% pension
- Subsidised gym & canteen
- & many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Firmware Engineer will include:
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
- Follow development processes, while being able to appropriately question and suggest change in support of continuous improvement.
- Perform duties according to the security manual to ensure that information is handled in line with government guidelines.
What you need to be the successful Firmware Engineer:
In order to be the successful Firmware Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP).
- Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design.
- Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in developing UK High Grade Cryptographic products.
- Experience using DOORS.
- Experience designing to meet DO-254.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!