|Location: Suffolk||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Firmware Engineering Lead Required - Remote working
Great opportunity within a rapidly expanding business.
Possible international travel required.
You will lead the development of firmware within the next generation AC charging stations (EVSEs)
* Development of firmware for next generation AC EVSEs & evolution of firmware for existing
EVSEs to meet next generation specification.
* Testing of firmware, with team members & partners, to ensure production-readiness.
* Assisting with the New Product Introduction (NPI) processes to ensure that the EVSEs are smoothly transitioned into production.
* Setting up of the appropriate infrastructure for developing next generation firmware. To include
(but not limited to);
o Setting up of source code version control
o Build machines
o Testing practices and tools e.g. automated unit or functional testing
o Development of coding standards
* Improving the quality of the legacy code to meet standards in next generation firmware.
* Assisting in the architecture of new products, especially around security & scalability.
* Own working processes with design & manufacturing partners on firmware development,
and ensure stable manufacturing processes in regards to firmware/embedded testing.
Key Skills & Experience:
* Technical Skills
o Expert C & Python coder; to MISRA standards
o Experience in EVSE development, IoT, and/or related smart energy control systems
o Experience in diagnosing customer + manufacturing issues & producing appropriate fixes
o Experience in design of complex systems and appropriate documentation (e.g. UML)
o Experience in X509 certificates and relevant security standards such as TLS
o Good understanding of IT networks and architecture (IP addressing, ports, firewalls etc)
o Electrical experience e.g. mains 240V and three phase theory.
* Personal Skills
o Good communications skills with ability to easily and clearly communicate with
engineers, managers and customers
o Methodical nature with an appreciation of good documentation
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.