|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Flight Software Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Flight Software Manager required to lead the software team of a very successful space technology company. This role can offer you a very rewarding career with the opportunity of playing a key part in space projects and developing your own team.
The successful Flight Software Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
- 32 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Free Flu Jab
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the (Keyword) will include:
- Work with Business Line Directors and Engineering teams to define Business Line Roadmaps capturing the future capabilities/products the company will need in order to remain competitive in the global market, and the technology required to deliver them.
- Develop, train and mentor team members ensuring annual appraisals are completed and personal development plans are in place.
- Work with Project Managers, Heads of Engineering and other managers, to identify and resolve any resource conflicts or problems before they impact upon project progress.
- Ensure that the team's current and forward planning of workload is fully scoped and managed. Proactively resolve issues such as resource limitations, potential resource clashes and identify skill gaps for future recruitment activities.
- Ensure the team have effective plans in place to deliver their work, to the appropriate quality level, within project budget and schedule constraints.
- Ensure that the team follow 'best practice' in the execution of their work.
- Provide technical input and leadership to bid and proposal activities.
- Ensure team level policies and procedures are in place to allow consistent team output, in line with the companies approach to Engineering.
- Ensure the team has the skills required to deliver current and future projects in line with the company strategy and vision, and there is a viable plan in place to retain and develop team members with a particular view to succession planning and single point failures.
- Ensure the team keeps up to date with current state of the art technology through attendance at conferences, training and market research.
- Undertake software development work as required
In order to be the successful Flight Software Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Excellent people management skills, able to motivate individuals and lead the team.
- Good inter-personal skills; be able to communicate clearly and effectively, and influence and persuade others at all levels of the company. * Able to provide regular feedback and hold difficult conversations * Ability to delegate work and empower people effectively.
- Flexibility to be able to change plans and priorities based on changing project and business needs.
- Desire to support and guide others.
- Organised; good project/time management skills, able to resolve conflicting priorities and demands within a pressurised environment.
- Results focused; able to take responsibility.
- Pro-active and flexible with a can-do attitude: willing to challenge the status quo, drive the company forwards and identifying efficiencies.
- Good technical writing and presentation (generating and delivering) skills.
- Proven experience in software engineering, particularly for embedded software written in C.
- Knowledge of good Software Engineering practices and development lifecycle.
- Use of Embedded Operating Systems. (e.g. VxWorks, QNX, RTEMS)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Manager to progress their career & work on some amazing projects. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!