|Location: Bristol, S. W. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Flood and Coastal Engineer
Cardiff or Bristol
We are currently recruiting for flood and coastal engineers to join teams in Cardiff, Bristol or Solihull. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a flood and costal engineer to progress their career within a large successful consultancy.
Key areas our client work in include:
* Flood and coastal risk management
* Asset management
* Climate change studies
* Catchment science and management
* Coastal Engineering and Coastal Risk Management
* Dams and reservoirs engineering
* River and waterway engineering
* Natural flood management
* Wastewater infrastructure and treatment
* Water resources management
* Water treatment and supply
The successful flood and costal engineer will have experience in the following:
* Flood risk and coastal engineering
* Hydraulic design
* River engineering
* Economic appraisal
* Stakeholder engagement
* Business case development in line with HM Treasury Green Book.
* You'll help deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients on projects ranging from those on a local scale to those with National significance.
* Be chartered or close to achieving chartered status. The successful candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities some of which are described below.
Key Duties for the Flood and Costal Engineer:
* Working with colleagues in specialisms such as Flood and Coastal Risk Management, Site Development, Sustainability and Environmental Planning.
* Working with collaborators such as environmental scientists, hydraulic modellers, landscape architects and planners.
* Meeting with clients, local authorities, and other stakeholders - including site visits
* Specifying and interrogating survey information, hydraulic and coastal risk modelling for use in solution development
* Carrying out assessment, analysis and design.
* Preparing technical reports and specifications
* Developing and appraising FCERM options and supporting the production of FCERM business cases
* Managing projects
* Helping to win and manage commissions from clients
* Managing your own time and deadlines to meet project commitment
Key Qualifications the Flood and Coastal Engineer should have:
Ideally a Masters in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent) at 2:1 or above, although a BEng at 2:1 or above will also be considered
* Thorough understanding of the principles of coastal risk management projects, project development, sjoreline management and project business cases.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong numerical skills
* Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and client/stakeholder liaison
* Possess effective planning and organisation skills
* An ability to multi-task efficiently under pressure and maintain high level of attention to detail.
* Understand the needs of your clients and colleagues
* Be able to analyse data and drawings
* Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Experience of working for flood and coastal risk management authorities
* Wide experience of coastal engineering techniques and principles.
* Understanding of the principles of flood risk management projects.
* An understanding of modelling software is an advantage as well as an appreciation of climate adaptation and resilience principles and practices;
* An understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.