|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: FPGA Engineer
Term: Initial 6 Months
Salary: £40 - £50 p/h
Hours: 37.5 Per Week
Key Skills: FPGA, ASIC, VHDL, Engineering, Electronics, Design, PCB, Schematic, Analogue, Digital, DO-254, DOORS, Firmware, Solutions, Coding, Altera, Xilinx, Actel, Aldec, MentorGraphics
An experienced FPGA Engineer is required ASAP by my client to take responsibility for technical decisions of a particular part of the product design, documenting design decisions throughout development. You will be part of a team reviewing System specifications, wiring and capturing product functional requirements, producing VHDL, analysis, simulation and testing of Firmware and FPGA Designs.
So, what will you be doing as a FPGA Engineer?
- Responsible for the design, development and support of Firmware and FPGA solutions from concept to completion following a detailed development process.
- Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of deliverables, supporting as necessary assembly and installation.
- Defining of processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of the solutions.
What are we looking for in our next FPGA Engineer?
- Hold a formal qualification BEng, HNC, HND
- Experience in Firmware Product Development
- Experience in FPGA Design and Verification
- Experience of using FPGA vendor tools Altera/Xilinx/Actel OR Aldec/MentorGraphics
- Excellent VHDL coding skills
- Experience in the use of DOORS desirable
- Experience of Schematic Capture desirable
- Awareness of DO-254 & IEC61508 Design techniques desirable
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next FPGA Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy