|Location: Malvern, Worcestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Defence / Electronics
FPGA Engineer needed for one of the world's leading defence / technology companies based in Malvern.
The FPGA Engineer will contribute to all stages in the specification, design, development, integration, test and certification, fielding and support of navigation and crptographic devices, working to a rigorous engineering lifecycle.
Salary for this position will be discussed upon application. All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Security Clearance.
Benefits for FPGA Engineer
- 25 day's holiday
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private Health Care
- Dental Care
- And many more!
Key Responsibilities for the FPGA Engineer position
- Contribute to all stages in the specification, design, development, integration, test and certification, fielding and support of navigation and cryptographic devices, following a rigorous engineering lifecycle.
- Specify and develop FPGA/ASIC solutions
- Interact with other engineers working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver products and customer solutions.
- Responsible to Project Design Authority for all firmware related activities
- Plans/structures work effectively, including breaking down problems into manageable work packages.
- Ability to accurately cost work and manage risk
- Produces written documentation (including presentation material) of technical work in accordance with Project requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for FPGA Engineer:
- Ability to write and debug VHDL.
- Experience designing and implementing complex firmware solutions in CPLD and FPGA using ModelSim, Synplify, ISE.
- Experience of design and implementation of high-speed of digital processing solutions and systems in FPGA e.g. system-on-chip, embedded processors, high speed interfaces
- Experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes/tools.
- Ability to prepare and undertake test and verification of FPGA/ASIC
- Good degree in electronics, electrical engineering or similar
- Good verbal and written Technical English communications skills.
All applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity as an FPGA Engineer, please press 'apply now'.