|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
FPGA Signal Processing Engineer
FPGA Signal Processing Engineer required to join one of the worlds largest defence and engineering companies at their site in Gloucester. The site specialises in the fields of cyber security and intelligence. On offer for the FPGA Signal Processing Engineer is a competitve salary up to £50,000 anda range of fantastic benefits that include:
- Every other Friday off
- Discretionary company performance bonuses
- Pension doubled up to 10%
- Career progression
The FPGA Signal Processing Engineer will need to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Work with our SDR platform team (software and RF engineers) to define and implement enhancements to our software API used by customers for building their radio applications
- Develop example applications in C/C++ to demonstrate features and functionality of our SDR platforms
- Work with customers to develop custom software applications based on their specific requirements
- Develop automated test harnesses for regression testing of software applications/libraries
- Define and develop software architecture
The FPGA Signal Processing Engineer will need to have the following skillset and experience:
- Experience with FPGA-based signal processing.
- Experience in developing signal processing algorithms and architectures (FFT, filterbanks, multirate filtering, image processing).
- Experience in RF theory and application theory.
- Methodical debugging skills to analyse problems and determine the root cause of issues.
- Capability and willingness to tackle technical development tasks outside their domain of expertise.
- High-speed FPGA design using VHDL.
- VHDL simulation and synthesis.
All candidates going forward for the FPGA Signal Processing Engineer will need to eligible for DV clearance.
SC clearance is required to start.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.