|Location: London, England||Salary: £70000 - £95000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
My clients is a leading software, IT and Digital engineering consultancy. We help our clients solve hard technical problems in a wide variety of domains using a diverse set of technology stacks.
We're looking for people with the soul of an engineer; people who'll roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the kind of projects where others fear to tread.
It may sound daunting, but it's fun too - we work hard, but we play hard as well. Because when we do something great, we're not shy about celebrating it.
Salary is £70,000-£95,000 +BENEFITS
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Death in Service
- Childcare Vouchers
- Financial Advice Service
- Hiring Bonuses
- My Work/Life Solutions Voucher Scheme
- Northern Rail Pass Discount Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Training and conference opportunities
Why are we hiring?
We've got some fantastic customers working with exciting technologies such as;
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
But we are more than just software... we are full stack engineers. This means you will regularly be working with the latest DevOps tooling such as Terraform & Prometheus and deploying to popular cloud platforms including AWS, Azure & Google Compute. We don't expect applicants to have such a broad experience in all cases, but we love investing in our employees to enable them to grow into full stack engineers across multiple platforms & languages.
What's in it for me?
The aim is for the client to help broaden your skills and allow you to become more of a technology polyglot, excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full technical stack and product life cycle.
You will primarily be focused on hands on engineering of consumer and business related applications and as such will have an expert understanding of software engineering best practices such as effective source control, code reviews, daily builds, and automated deployments. You are equally at home with cloud, Internet related technologies, protocols and languages along with lean / agile development techniques and Devops culture all working as part of a team.
Above all, you can write highly efficient, stable, secure, maintainable and performant code. And understand the difference between engineering and over-engineering.
Where is the role?
We have open positions in our London office. We have a couple of new squads taking shape and are looking for new members to help one of our clients implement transition one of their key products, working with them all the time to improve and innovate.
We're looking for a senior engineer with skills in Java as well as exposure to a number of other technologies. You will have worked around multiple parts of the software lifecycle.
Things we're looking for:
- Demonstrated experience with Java and modern frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Experience with other development languages such as Scala, Go, C++, C#, Python, React, Node.js, Kotlin, scripting language such as Bash and PHP would also be beneficial.
- Source code management systems such as Git, build tools such as Maven and CI tools such as Jenkins or Concourse.
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle, Cassandra & MongoDB.
- Modern messaging systems such as RabbitMQ & Kafka.
- Several years engineering enterprise services in multiple industries.
- Experience of working in a team with a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies.
These would be great too, but aren't essential:
- Experience with IaaS services such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Exposure to virtualisation or container technology like Docker and Vagrant
- Log management and analysis solutions such as ELK stack, loggly, Splunk, Sumo Logic and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, Prometheus or similar.
- Integration and Messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka and Camel.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.