|Location: London, England||Salary: £70000 - £95000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
The Java Developer will perform a key role in the technical delivery of the clients overall technical solutions, ensuring that the solution designs are delivered and aligned with industry best practices. It is absolutely essential that you have Docker knowledge.
Salary on offer £70,000-£95,000 depending on experience + excellent company benefits:
* 25 days holidays + 8 Bank holidays
* health care,
* death in service
* international conference attendance
* laptop of your choice
* training and certification as required.
The Java Developer will be responsible for end-to-end delivery activities across all of the clients projects, including but not limited to infrastructure & network design, application engineering, software architecture, data design, integration design and front end development. This individual will happily be a technology polyglot, excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full technical stack and product life cycle.
The Java Developer position will be primarily focused on hands on engineering of consumer and business related applications and as such will have an expert understanding of software engineering best practices such as effective source control, code reviews, daily builds, and automated deployments. This individual will be equally at home with cloud, Internet related technologies, protocols and languages along with lean / agile development techniques and Devops culture all working as part of a team.
As a Java Developer you will establish and maintain strong relationships with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and other Java Developers. This individual will also provide consultative support to Team managers, Architects and other Java Developers, providing expertise and recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required of the Java Developer
● Demonstrated experience with Java and other development languages such as Scala, Go, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Node.js, scripting language such as Bash and PHP
● Demonstrated experience with source code management systems such as Git, build tools such as Maven and CI tools such as Jenkins.
● Demonstrated experience in relational and non-relational databases, data design, indexing, querying, configuration and replication with one of MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or Redis,
● Demonstrated ability to write unit tests, following TDD. Exposure to BDD
● Knowledge of Internet and networking technologies and protocols, i.e. IP, TCP, DNS, HTTP
● Several years engineering enterprise services in multiple industries
● Degree educated in an software engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
● Experience of working in a team with a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies
● Exposure to Linux server configuration and one of Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt Stack
● Exposure to virtualisation or container technology and tools such as Virtualbox, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, OpenStack, Zen or similar
● Exposure to log management and analysis solutions such as ELK stack, loggly, Splunk, Sumo Logic and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic or similar
● Exposure to IaaS services such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform or similar
● Ability to identify and manage, resolve or negate, complex issues and risks & troubleshooting in a large scale, cross system environment
● Exposure to any of Hadoop, Hbase, HDFS or Apache Spark