|Location: Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: £70000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Functional Safety Manager.
Excellent Salary on offer + Benefits.
This position is perfect for an experienced Functional Safety Manager coming from an automotive software background, you will be required to help deliver the software tools for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and self-driving cars.
Your background will be within a safety critical software development background. This company have built up years of expertise in the AI revolution.
The company are developing a safety-critical software platform for accelerating AI and machine vision on highly parallel automotive processors.
The Functional Safety Manager will be responsible for considering the safety features and processes necessary to provide safety for this specialist software platform.
- Accountable for functional safety in all safety-critical projects.
- Develop and drive the ISO 26262 process for software development.
- Collaborate with internal project managers, development teams and customers on functional safety requirements.
- Conduct internal and external reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout the product development life-cycle.
Help to shape the future of the industry by contributing to open-source software, standardization efforts and Codeplay's products.
What is on offer:
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other.
- Work in a diverse team of extremely creative and talented engineers from all around the world.
- Learn from other experienced engineers: our staff frequently hold company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software / technology trends.
- Great career prospects within a successful and growing company.
- Growth - The Functional Safety team is ready to be built and managed by you.
- We develop our staff to progress quickly in their roles, to become technical experts, and/or lead teams.
- We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering presentations.
- Opportunities to get involved in very active research, enabling you to make an impact on the company's technology and future direction.
- Lots of opportunities to attend major worldwide conferences and developer meetings, to represent the company, and become a recognized expert in your field.
- Flexible working hours, stock options and a pension scheme.
- Regular company wide social events.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work through problems from start to finish. They are used to meeting deadlines and have the ability to work under pressure.
You will be working on technology that is seldom announced to the public and could be years away from public release, with that confidentiality is critical in some circumstances.
You should be able to work both independently and collaboratively within teams of varying and differing skill sets. You should be welcoming towards the introduction of new technologies as we often work with cutting-edge technology and take on a wide range of challenging projects.
- A degree in Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experienced Functional Safety Manager (or Senior Functional Safety Engineer) following ISO 26262 functional safety process for software development.
- Be enthusiastic about taking on new challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to help an existing team focused on consumer software develop into a team capable of producing safe automotive software. This could include utilising relevant 3rd party trainers and consultants.
- Experienced and comfortable interacting with clients.