|Location: Solihull, West Midlands||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 12 days ago|
About the Geotechnical Engineer position:
For this position you will be working for a company who is known as an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists.
You will be reporting directly to an Associate within Geotechnics you will a key member within this close-knit and multidisciplinary team.
Geotechnics is a growing group currently comprising 30+ enthusiastic professional staff working on a wide variety of exacting, high-profile and challenging projects. Our current workload comprises a mixture of local and international projects.
About the Geotechnical Engineer role:
Working within the Geotechnical Analysis Team, you will be primarily involved in:
* Geotechnical analysis and design
* Report writing
* Production of drawings and specifications
* The supervision of more junior members of the team.
* You will have a good understanding of soil mechanics principles have a strong analytical capability, including FE analysis, with established capability in heavy civils design and potentially bringing other established skills/expertise to the group e.g. seismic design or hard rock tunnelling experience.
* You will have excellent report writing skills.
* There will be ample opportunity to develop existing knowledge and potentially a technical specialism within the group framework.
* Experience with numerical analysis packages (Plaxis and the Oasys Geo Suites or other equivalent) required.
* Site experience overseeing site investigation and construction of geotechnical designs is essential.
Essential Skills and Knowledge for the Geotechnical Engineer role:
* Logical methodical approach supported by strong numerical and analytical ability.
* Excellent writing ability and experience in the production of significant interpretative reports.
* Sound communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentation).
* Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the teams and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients and contractors
* Flexible and mobile ie prepared to travel away from base
* Full driver's license
* MEng Civil Engineering or good civils-based degree with post grad qualification in geotechnical related subject e.g. Soil Mechanics
Desirable skills and knowledge:
* Heavy Civil Engineering Foundation Design (e.g. basement excavation, Station Boxes, large structures)
* Seismic Design experience
* Some overseas experience would be an advantage
* Multi-lingual is desirable (European language is particularly so)
* Working towards Chartership with the relevant body
What we offer you:
* A competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
* Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
* Core benefits are funded by the company and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
* You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
* In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.