|Location: Liverpool, Merseyside||Salary: £31000 - £36000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Our client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
They are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our thriving team of Geotechnical Engineers, Geologists and GeoEnvironmental specialists in their North West and Yorkshire region.
About the Geotechnical Engineer Role:
Working from the Liverpool office, you will be delivering geotechnical input to a wide portfolio of projects in the building and infrastructure sectors, including feasibility, outline and detailed design. Currently they are working on a range of high-profile commissions, including the former Liverpool Festival Gardens site, reclamation of currently unused land off Pall Mall and prestigious work along Liverpool's historic waterfront.
You will be expected to show off your existing geotechnical and geo-environmental capability in addition to supporting colleagues working in buildings, highways, rail, water and energy sectors.
The Geotechnical Engineer role will also involve:
* General geotechnical input to projects which may include design of foundations, slopes, retaining walls etc. often as part of a wider site reclamation strategy;
* Working closely with the project team to identify and communicate geotechnical requirements, so they are effectively incorporated into the project delivery.
* Preparation and direction of desk study research to assess site conditions and potential ground risks.
* Planning, supervision and interpretation of ground and groundwater investigations, to specifically address geotechnical issues and to gather appropriate data.
* Undertaking assessments to inform risks and to allow development of appropriate designs/remedial works.
* Supervising and coordinating the work of others and interfacing with engineers of other disciplines.
* Attending meetings and communicating with clients and project team members to establish their needs, inform on proposals etc.
* Design of foundations, slopes, retaining walls and many other geotechnical elements will also form a key aspect of the role, together with assessment of existing structures and design of remedial measures where appropriate.
* Managing work to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timescales and within budget.
Essential Skills & Knowledge for the Geotechnical Engineer
* A degree in civil engineering.
* Solid experience with a proven track record in geotechnical work and experience across a range of projects, ideally gained within a consulting environment.
* Member of a professional body and working towards chartership.
* Experience of planning, managing, supervising and interpreting ground investigation data, in relation to geotechnical aspects.
* A sound understanding of soil mechanics.
* Ability to design embedded retaining walls, pad and piled foundations.
* Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and FREW, ALP, PILE, SLOPE and PDisp or similar.
* Good appreciation of construction processes leading to development of integrated solutions covering geotechnical and geo-environmental issues.
* The ability to guide technicians and graduates to produce designs and reports to budget.
* Ability to quickly develop successful client relationships.
* Experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects.
* Excellent planning and organisation skills.
* Strong commercial awareness.
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
* An interest in developing advanced understanding of soil mechanics and soil structure interaction.
* Existing knowledge or a desire to learn numerical modelling techniques.
* Digital skills - to be able to interact with CAD and GIS systems.
* A developing interest in using digital tools to improve efficiency and communication of design.
* The ability to deliver desk study and interpretative reports to HA standards.
* Interaction with universities and research associations, and interest in publication of journals and conferences would be encouraged.
Reward and Benefits
* This role has a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in the civil engineering sector.
* Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover.
* You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
* In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per year.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.