|Location: Maidstone, Kent||Salary: £27600 - £37800 per annum|
|Sector: Construction, Engineering, Safety, Planning and Project Controls, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Job Title: Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
Team: Geotechnical Team
Area/Location: Maidstone (requires travel)
Assistant Geotechnical Engineer needed to join a highways company with nationwide operations with a head office near Maidstone. The Assistant Geotechnical Engineer will aid in identifying needs and providing cost effective technical solutions to maintain or improve the standards agreed by the Network Board considering the needs of key stakeholders.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Geotechnical Engineer will include:
* To support monitoring of the performance of the geotechnical asset and identify areas of weakness.
* To understand the condition of the geotechnical asset and support identification of areas where improvements are needed.
* To support identification of schemes that need to be considered in the Four-Year Programme.
* To provide professional and technical excellence in geotechnical engineering.
* To ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of technical excellence.
* To report to the Team Leader on a bi-weekly frequency (or other frequency as set by the Team Leader) on scheme performance against budget and programme.
* To monitor the designs produced to ensure they meet the design briefs set by the Schemes Delivery Team and Asset Development Team.
* To seek innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used to design and construct them.
* To ensure quality systems are actively applied to all geotechnical schemes.
* To facilitate the Quality and Performance Manager in achieving targets and business improvement.
* Other duties, considered reasonable, may be assigned from time to time to assist in the delivery of business needs.
* Where the Assistant Geotechnical Engineer is a graduate, the responsibilities will include:
* To seek every opportunity to gain experience in and extend knowledge of geotechnical engineering with the aim of becoming chartered at the earliest opportunity.
* To be mentored and developed by experienced team members.
In order to be the successful Assistant Geotechnical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will need to have the following:
* Membership or working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution
* Relevant vocational qualifications - e.g MEng / BEng / BSc / HNC / HND
* Basic Project Management Skills
* Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Geotechnical Engineering
* Broad knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
* Basic knowledge of Designer's obligations of CDM
* Basic knowledge of Quality Management and understand of Quality Management systems
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Assistant Geotechnical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!