|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and
industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and
specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or
standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all spatial data
infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Specific knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures
- Knowledge of geospatial data types and formats (preferably in the maritime domain)
- Knowledge of GIS tools (how to use them and how to extend them to support specialist
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python )
- Knowledge of GeoServer (how to set it up, how to configure it and how to use it)
- Knowledge of spatially enabled databases (PostGreSQL/GIS, SQLServer etc.)
You Will Also Have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team both onsite and at customer sites
Security Clearance Requirements:
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You'll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.