|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Salary dependant on experience
My client is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated GNC Engineer at their facility based in Oxfordshire, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind's continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for their missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in companies Asia Office and may be required to travel to Asia as needed in support of projects and operations. This company can offer you very exciting and ground breaking projects to work on while working with passionate like minded engineers. Don't miss out on this!!
Some of the main duties of the GNC Engineer will include:
- Contribute to Guidance, Navigation and Control systems and design activities for company missions: derive and maintain AOCS (Attitude & Orbit Control System)/GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) sub-system requirements.
- Development of GNC hardware architecture, trade-off analysis of hardware towards an overall GNC hardware solution.
- Contribute to current development-focussed GNC activities as well as production-focussed GNC activities e.g. QA (Quality Assurance) processes.
- Add to system level activities, such as: developing mission CONOPS (Concept of Operations), defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes and design, system test and verification activities.
In order to be the successful GNC Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Bachelor, master's degree or Diploma in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Experience designing highly fault-tolerant aspects of GNC systems e.g. fault-tolerant algorithm / software design, RPO (Rendezvous & Proximity Operations) fault detection etc.
- Experience of GNC Hardware AIT (Assembly, Integration and Test) and Design-for-Test methodologies.
- Practical working knowledge of digital electronics relevant to a GNC system (communications protocols, satellite Command & Data Handling, digital integration to enable Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing etc.)
- Can strike a good balance between a creative approach to Engineering and being able to deliver on time to business requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with GNC rendezvous and pose estimation sensors and methods.
- Experience of Microsatellite (~100-200kg) GNC design and/or on-orbit GNC analysis, debug and refinement.
- Knowledge of missions concerning active debris removal or RPO: RemoveDebris, CleanSpace / ESA projects e.g. e.DeOrbit, DEOS, ATV, ETS-7, DARPA Express.
- Experience of computer languages commonly used for aerospace algorithm simulations e.g. MATLAB/Simulink and Python.
- Experience of satellite trajectory design and analysis e.g. passively safe trajectories, abort manoeuvres and collision avoidance manoeuvres.
- Knowledge of orbital debris removal including licensing, export, regulation, space law.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a GNC Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.