|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Goods Inwards Inspector
Goods Inwards Inspector required to provide checks and assurance of parts / materials for a globally established electronics company in the Middlesex area. The Goods Inwards Inspector will be working within the Materials and Manufacturing function and must maintain the QMS processes and procedures, thereby providing assurance that the QA Policy is enacted and ensuring that the requirements of external 2nd and 3rd party certifications are consistently met.
The Good Inwards Inspector is available as a permanent opportunity and comes with a competitive salary including benefits package.
They must hold the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that parts, materials and equipment, which pass through their control, are:
- Inspected and handled in accordance with company operating standards.
- Rejected and controlled as non-conforming materials in accordance with operating standards.
- Work with QA, Production, ME and Engineering to determine most practicable GII criteria and methods.
- Provision of advice to Engineering with regard to capability of the GII equipment.
- React to day to day problems associated with the operation of his/her responsibilities.
- Maintain the quarantine store.
- Report of non-conforming parts or material to QA department.
- Provide statistical information to establish GII KPIs.
- Provide training to personnel on equipment and procedures in direct support of GII activities.
- Identify areas where new Standards or Procedures may be required.
- Comply with internal procedures relating to security of stores and stock, and to the stores function for which he/she has been assigned.
- Maintain compliance with established company procedures.
- Provide guidance to staff temporarily seconded to his/her function as occasion demands.
- Maintain Documentation Controls in support of the Goods Inwards Inspection processes to which he/she is assigned.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Undertake and complete additional tasks, as assigned by the QA Manufacturing Lead.
The Goods Inwards Inspector must have the following skillset:
- IPC trained
- Must be able to lift and carry goods for inspection
- Experience of working with sensitive materials
- Good level of verbal and written communication
- Good organisational skills
- Be able to work to a schedule
- Experience with Faro Arm (desirable)
- Eligible for SC clearance
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.