|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £38500 - £48500 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Government Furnished Manager to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Government Furnished Manager will control program activities to ensure continual accountability of company, government, or associate contractor, property and assets in accordance with applicable corporate policy or government regulations.
- Maintain property accountability records and determine condition and arrange disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Contact potential users and negotiate transfers.
- Conduct property audits, develop, recommend and implement property administration policies.
- Provide guidance on company policy and government regulations pertaining to property accountability.
- Prepare periodic and special purpose reports relative to such matters as taxes, rentals and leasing, insurance, facility usage, etc.
- Responsible for management of Section 5 material
- Maintain Section 5 property accountability records.
- Experienced management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) / Customer Furnished Equipment (CFE) and Section 5 Management
- Experienced management and coordination of hardware and information assets
- Management and communication skills to interface across internal functions and teams as well as customers and suppliers
- Management experience in the defence industry
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.