|Location: London, England||Salary: £20000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kal Ghazaleh|
Assistant Underwriter (Graduate Assistant Underwriter)
An Assistant Underwriter is needed for a Property Insurance organisation based in London! Our client is looking to employ an Assistant Underwriter with an Environmental Background (Graduate) and an interest in the Insurance industry!
The successful Assistant Underwriter will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 per annum
* Generous holiday package
* Variable annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Assistant Underwriter will include:
* Work with the Lead Underwriter to analyse business opportunities (submissions) received and to ensure that these are underwritten in accordance with the underwriting standards.
* Underwrite appropriate cases within own areas of authority and ability
* Work with the Lead Underwriter to develop new, and enhance existing, policy wordings
* Assist with the training and development of Underwriting Assistant and supervise risks underwritten by Underwriting Assistant
* Attend and take part in Broker presentations.
What you need to be the successful Assistant Underwriter:
In order to be the successful Assistant Underwriter and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Good understanding of insurance risks and ability to learn quickly
* Geography/Environmental Studies Degree
* Ability to present confidently and competently at all levels of interaction with clients/brokers /advisors and underwriters (capacity providers), displaying complete understanding of the opportunity rationale for writing the risk.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Assistant Underwriter to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.