|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Graduate Civil Engineer
We are currently looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join a niche civil engineering consultancy to work in their Surrey office, located in Redhill. Candidates will be working on technically challenging projects that will help grow their knowledge. You will be working within a team, reporting to a senior staff member, focusing on the delivery of a variety of civil engineering projects to their clients.
Key skills for a Graduate Civil Engineer:
* Preparing and checking project design and assessment calculations, drawings, preparing reports, preparing contract documents
* Compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures
* Understanding of storm and foul water drainage network design
* Experience in Flood Risk Assessments
* Conversant with highway layouts (horizontal and vertical layouts)
* Competent in using AutoCad
* Undertaking work on site such as inspections and contract supervision
* Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers
* Presenting / representing your technical work (presentations / meetings)
* Assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff
What we are looking for in a graduate Civil Engineer:
* Applicants should have a MEng (or equivalent) Civil/ Structural Engineering Degree.
* We encourage our graduates to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
* We recognise that people are the key to our success. We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential.
* The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
* A questioning/ challenging approach
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful graduate civil engineer will be offered a wide variety of project work and an interesting workload, giving the opportunity to progress within a growing company while offering a competitive salary and high-quality mentoring from experienced colleagues.
The graduate Civil Engineer will be put through a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers which will provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.