|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
Graduate Engineer (one electrical/one mechanical) needed for a globally-recognised electronics manufacturer based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an engineering graduate with strong knowledge of their chosen field (Electrical/Mechanical) and a strong interest to progress into the defence industry.
The successful Graduate Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- A very competitive salary
- 25 day's holidays
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Free Flu Jab
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the Graduate Engineer will include:
The duties and tasks of the graduate will vary depending upon the placements undertaken, a sample of the duties and tasks typically undertaken within each function is given below:
- Developing schematics for electronics to meet system requirements and functional interface specifications
- Selecting components appropriate for the application and environment being considered
- Working with the operations and systems teams to ensure the manufacturability, reliability and maintainability of electronic equipment designs.
- Undertaking 3D CAD modelling to design cost effective and producible mechanisms and structures and producing 2D Technical Drawings as part of a production drawing pack
- Supporting stress and thermal analysis activities to ensure designs are fit for purpose
- Selecting materials and advising the operations team on assembly techniques and manufacturing processes
In order to be the successful Engineering Graduate and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Bachelor's degree (2:1 or higher) in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics subject
- Sound knowledge in chosen field of study
- An understanding of the typical scope of engineering activities
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong attention to detail and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good planning and organisational skills required for working in a fast-paced business
- Excellent team player
- Full driving licence
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Graduate Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!