|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 11 days ago|
West London / Buckinghamshire
Graduate Engineer needed for a leading Defence and Electronics organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ a Graduate Engineer who holds a Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Graduate Engineer will include:
- Delivering allocated tasks and meeting objectives as agreed with line manager, placement supervisor and mentor.
- Performing modelling, design or implementation activities with the supervision and mentoring of senior staff.
- Verifying and testing technical solutions with guidance from senior staff.
- Learning the use of tools and equipment of the allocated functional discipline.
- Learning how to estimate allocated tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales by participating in the definition of Work Packages and their incorporation into project delivery,
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management, mentor, project supervisor and functional line manager.
- Adhering to the company's engineering processes and procedures.
- Developing an awareness of the role of other functions of the business (Finance, Production, Sales & Marketing, Commercial, etc.).
- Developing personal career path as part of the Early Career Development Scheme and annual assessment process,
- Becoming a member of a UK Engineering Council registered Professional Body (e.g. IET, IMechE, RAeS) and working towards the professional registration standards set out by their chosen body.
The duties and tasks of the Graduate Engineer will vary depending upon the placements undertaken, a sample of the duties and tasks typically undertaken within each function is given below:
- Working with the customer and internal teams to elicit and derive requirements. o Developing the high level system architecture for a project, o Planning and undertaking verification and validation activities.
- Electrical o Developing schematics for electronics to meet system requirements and functional interface specifications.
- Selecting components appropriate for the application and environment being considered.
- a Working with the operations and systems teams to ensure the manufacturability, reliability and maintainability of electronic equipment designs.
- Programming of software in high level commonly used languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, HTML, Python, QT) and low level, more rarely used languages (e.g. assembly, delphi, ada). o Development of unit test frameworks and implementation of automated unit testing.
- Production of formal software documentation throughout the whole lifecycle (planning, design, test, transition manuals, etc.).
- Undertaking 3D CAD modelling to design cost effective and producible mechanisms and structures while producing 2D Technical Drawings as part of a production drawing pack. o Supporting stress and thermal analysis activities to ensure designs are fit for purpose. o Selecting materials and advising the Operations team on assembly techniques and manufacturing.
- Support Solutions & Services
- Working closely with end-users, the customer and the supply chain to ensure the delivery of support and training, globally, at short notice.
- Utilising both business and engineering skillsets, alongside our Project Management team, undertaking a wide variety of work in support of our in-service products.
- Influencing our design teams to ensure maximum reliability and supportability of our products, and developing support proposals in coordination with our Sales & Marketing team.
What you need to be the successful Graduate Engineer:
- Hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Experience of MS Office (Visio, Project, Word, Excel).
- Be self-motivated in shaping your own career path
- Be adaptable to change and proactive in delivering results against your defined objectives
- Have the ability to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets
- Display excellent communication (verbal/written) and inter-personal skills
- Hold a driving license for occasional requirements for travel within the UK for liaison with other businesses or customers.
- Be eligible to SC clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.