|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Houlton||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Graduate Financial Accountant
Purpose: My client is looking for an enthusiastic and numerically gifted Graduate Financial Accountant to join their Financial Management team responsible for the reporting, forecasting and analysis. They offer study support to complete an ACCA or CIMA accounting qualification. They have a very support environment with low staff turnover due their strong emphasis and investment in their people culture.
The role interacts with individuals and managers across the business, as well as external parties. Coordination of the month end close process and explanation of variances to the financial plan.
The role also contributes towards other aspects of Financial Management and Control.
The Key Accountabilities of the Graduate Financial Accountant will be as follows:
- Ledger maintenance: Ensure that the general ledger is updated accurately and on a timely basis at all times, for all UK entities under all accounting bases.
- Periodic close and Reconciliation: Contribute towards the monthly financial close process, including the overseeing of the production of key reconciliations for both income statement and balance sheet, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and cleared on a timely basis.
- Report and analysis: Provide key reports and analysis to the Financial Management stakeholders on all accounting bases as well as understanding and reconciling between bases. Be the key partner for the business for reinsurance, promoting ownership and understanding.
- Financial Statements & regulatory deliverables: Provide support and analysis towards the production of the financial statements, reporting accounts and external returns for each of the company's entity on a periodic basis to timetable.
- Development: Ensure that your training and development needs are effectively managed and put appropriate training & coaching plans in place. Actively contribute towards team and divisional meetings and discussions.
- Process Review: Review all processes on a periodic basis to ensure maximum understanding and efficiencies. Challenge processes and look for continuous improvement in our processes and procedures.
- Control: Contribute towards ensuring key controls (Sarbanes-Oxley) and internal/external audit requirements are maintained and developed. Build relationships with the relevant parties.
- Data protection under GDPR: Ensure the continued protection of the company's information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Conduct Risk: Embed and contribute to the Conduct Risk Framework, wider Solvency II systems of governance principles, Treating Customers Fairly requirements and the Risk Management Framework as it applies to the role and divisional activities and drive improvements as required.
- Company Policy: Comply with the company's Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role and drive the behaviours of others.