|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £20000 - £23000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Graduate IT / Batch Operator
My client within financial services based in Surrey are looking to hire a Graduate IT / Batch Operator.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in IT within the financial services sector as no experience required as full training given. An advantage would be if you had some customer service experience whilst studying.
As an Graduate IT / Batch Operator you would have just graduated this year and are keen to start a career in IT.
As an Graduate IT / Batch Operator you will receive the following benefits:
- Active Sports & Social Club
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Professional study support
- Bonus scheme (dependent on business performance)
- Life assurance
- Staff referral scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
As an Graduate IT / Batch Operator you will be responsible for:
- In liaison with the Manager, IT Service Delivery, conduct of Computer operations, general operating support to users, system housekeeping and security back-up services to the Group in relation to its Mainframe, Unix, Local Area Network, personal and other computerised facilities including all back-up, security and housekeeping routines in accordance with established procedures.
- Undertake Batch processing of the groups core banking software solution in line with established procedures.
- In liaison with the Manager, IT Service Delivery, the placement, removal and installation of Group Computer Equipment and Software in compliance with legislative requirement and site standards.
- Maintenance of systems established to record and control effectively the movement, location and usage of Group computer equipment and Software taking account of relevant legislations as it affects such equipment.
- Provision of assistance to the Manager, IT Service Delivery, in the production and maintenance of in-house procedure and control manual documentation.
- Provision of services to Users in accordance with agreed standards, scheduling of production runs, housekeeping tasks and output preparation.
- In liaison with the Manager, IT Service Delivery, the periodic testing and maintenance of computer contingency plans designed for use in emergency.
- Provide assistance, as necessary to the Group IT function, in the support and development of Group Mainframe, Local/Wide Area Networks and stand alone personal computing facilities in relation to both operating and application systems.
- As instructed by the Manager, IT Service Delivert, assistance with regard to the contacting of third party suppliers in relation to computer equipment purchasing and consumables, and the maintenance of relevant records.
- Provision of Group helpdesk facilities to assist users in the resolution of equipment, software and general difficulties.
- Attend Internal or External meetings in connection with relevant issues as requested by the Manager, IT Service Delivery and Support.
- Undertake any other related tasks requested by the Manager, IT Service Delivery or his/her Line Superiors.
As an Graduate IT / Batch Operator essential skills:
- You would have just graduated this year and are keen to start a career in IT.