|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Graduate Safety Engineer
- Do you have a degree in Safety Engineering or System Safety?
- Are you looking for your first role?
- How would you like to kick off your Safety Engineering career with a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries?
Our client supports military and civil aerospace customers by providing innovative electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic solutions that meet operational, reliability and environmental needs for safety critical and high integrity applications.
They also provide equipment for modern military land vehicles that improve their reliability and performance whilst reducing the burden on their operators and maintainers.
As a Graduate Safety Engineer, you will join a growing team in a fantastic modern office in Cheltenham.
With the support of highly qualified and experienced engineers from all disciplines you will be engaged in a series of exciting engineering programmes and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Influence the design and development of mechanical, electronic and software based sub-systems to be Safe, Reliable and Supportable in accordance with the appropriate Safety legislation and Supportability codes of practice;
- Elicit and analyse Customer Safety, Testability, Reliability and Maintainability requirements;
- Conduct Safety analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA),
- Identify risks and manage those risks through and evidence based framework;
- Testability Coverage as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment;
- Generate Safety, Reliability, Maintainability (R&M) and Testability Case Report as customer deliverables and to support milestone design reviews;
- Present Safety, R&M, and Testability summaries and results at internal and external design reviews;
- Conduct/co-ordinate Safety and R&M reviews of supplier technical documentation.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with a predicted grade of 2:1 or above.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop during the Grad scheme
- Demonstrate a willingness to change focus and priorities with the needs of the business
What you can get from this opportunity
- Challenging and interesting work
- Clear guidance and feedback
- Development in the form of Technical, Commercial and Interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of each business and their full operation