|Location: Lincolnshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Graduate Software Developer needed - Based in Lincolnshire - Permanent position
Currently I am recruiting for a Graduate Software Developer to join my client who are a leading defence company based in Lincolnshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate to obtain an extremely interesting role working on some of the country's most advanced projects. This role also offers a clear and successful career path.
- Develop software tools to support data analysis.
- Provide analysis output as directed by the customer.
- Act as a data, tools and systems analysis subject matter expert in support of 41 Squadron.
- Pursue continual improvement to ensure outputs remain timely, relevant and of the highest quality.
- Mentor 41 Squadron personnel and develop their awareness/understanding of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Responsible to the QinetiQ Team Leader for maintaining both QinetiQ and MOD engineering standards.
Key Capabilities (Technical):
- An understanding of systems engineering and software engineering principles.
- Able to develop and execute data analysis techniques.
- Able to engineer quality software tools for use in data analysis. The primary language is MATLAB, although my client will provide specific training where necessary.
- Demonstrable ability to follow a methodical/systematic approach to analysis, problem solving and software design.
- Able to draft technical reports.
- A working knowledge of aircraft mission systems and sensors is useful, but not essential
Key Capabilities (Non-Technical):
- Capable and prepared to work in a customer-facing environment.
- Able to identify key facts and breaking down complex information to component parts.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form, conveying technical information tailored to the appropriate recipient.
- Able to work effectively in both technical and non-technical teams.
- The successful applicant must be prepared to undergo Developed Vetting security clearance (which my client will sponsor)
- A relevant Physics, Engineering, Computing or Mathematics degree (or equivalent) is required.
- Demonstrable experience in the design and production of software tools