|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £23000 - £24000 per annum + Variable Bonus|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Graduate Software Engineer
Graduate Software Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Graduate Software Engineer with a good command of C++ and C++ templates.
The successful Graduate Software Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Variable annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Healthcare Plan
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: A Graduate Engineer with a desire to progress along a software development career path is required to join our Engineering department. Responsible to the GNSS and Airborne Systems Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will be working in the field of military and commercial navigation systems development.
The Successful Graduate be able to:
* Analyse, design, code, test and document software solutions and contribute to overall system integration.
* Track and report progress against the engineering estimates, and at times produce estimates for own work.
* Engineer software solutions where the principal technology focus is object-oriented techniques, based on C++ and C# on Microsoft Windows and embedded platforms.
* Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to work on all aspects of Software Engineering and with various technologies.
* Work closely with Systems Engineering teams to ensure that the requirements are defined and approved.
* Acquire domain knowledge of company products and systems
* Work proactively with all team members including the Systems Engineers, encouraging and fostering co-operation.
* An ability to work under pressure and to recognise and help others when they are under pressure.
* Understand and utilise internal processes and tools for the development of software.
* Demonstrate an understanding of milestones and budgets and an ability to work within those, taking corrective action when problems occur.
* Take responsibility for the quality of software produced and display an ability to use best practice to support that.
* Participate in design reviews, code reviews and unit testing, displaying an openness to improve the quality of own work and that produced throughout the department.
What you need to be the successful Graduate Software Engineer:
* Educated to degree level in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience with Microsoft Windows platforms and Visual Studio
* Good command of C++ and C++ Templates
* Experience of UML design
* Some experience of design, development and unit testing
* Good problem-solving skills
* Ability to achieve Security Clearance
* Ability to undertake international travel
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!