|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Graduate Systems Developer
Graduate Systems Developer needed for a multinational Aerospace & Defence organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Graduate Systems Developer with a degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or similar, an understanding of .NET and SQL.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Graduate Systems Developer will include:
- Support of the ERP, Intranet, PLM and BI systems under guidance of Senior Business System team members
- Enhance Business System applications using built in configuration tools and minor scripting (SQL, Dot Net) as required
- Ensure and maintain data integrity, evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with system users to identify improvements by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Work with system users to define report requirements; deliver reports using the most appropriate technology
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Provide reference information for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training the users
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications
- Additional Business Systems tasks as required by the department workload.
What you need to be the successful Graduate Systems Developer:
In order to be the successful Graduate Systems Developer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- An obtained degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or similar
- Some knowledge or an understanding in .NET and SQL
Training in the following will be provided:
- Systems design, integration & test.
- Systems from concept through to delivery.
- Radar Systems
- Product development for Naval / Marine Platforms.
- Navigation equipment.
- Product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
- Developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
- Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Systems Developer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!