|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Hardware Engineer to join a globally established Electronics Manufacturer who provides high integrity Electronic, Electro-Mechanical and pneumatic systems for the Aerospace and Defence industry.
Supporting their niche market product range, the Hardware Engineer will join the Analysis, Simulation & Test Domain.
The Hardware Engineer will be responsible for Test Equipment (TE) from cradle to grave. They will require TE knowledge and experience regards to top-level architecture, concept & final design, build & assembly, verification & validation methods, and finally implementation hand over to operations.
On offer for the Hardware Engineer is a competitive salary up to £50k + benefits package.
Key Responsibilities for the Hardware Engineer include:
- Engage with Engineers to identify and capture Test Equipment Requirements (TERS).
- Decompose requirements into test specifications and procedures.
- Design and produce technical specifications for Test Equipment Systems.
- Derive and produce TE design solutions to satisfy requirements for Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP's) and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS).
- LabVIEW application, real time and FPGA design and development.
- Configuration Management of Test Equipment and Design Documentation.
- Derive BOM's from design data that is in line with project budget and technical specification.
- Support the external procurement of Test Equipment.
- Plan and conduct verification of Test Equipment.
- Support the planning and scheduling of Test Equipment development activities.
- Work in collaboration with domain engineers to support successful testing.
- Implement safe working TE solutions compliant with health and safety legislation (PUWER).
- Establish and write future maintenance and calibration plans
Additionally, the following would be advantageous:
- Familiarity with CE Marking legislation and compliance
- Experience of network technologies.
- Experience working with 270v DC and high pressure air (5000psi)