|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sian Driscoll||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Currently looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the Electronics Functional Team within a globally established Electronics company, to complete designs for a number of independent projects.
Foreground activities will typically include schematic capture, PCB layout, firmware development, design documentation and supporting design reviews.
You will be responsible for achieving assigned engineering tasks and ensure timely delivery to customers. You will also be supporting the engineering department in order that both project and statutory requirements are met.
Responsibilities/Duties of the Hardware Engineer include:
Main (experience required):
- Resolving technical problems associated with assigned products.
- Providing design solutions for electrical/electronic equipment, taking into account EMC and environmental constraints.
- PCB design using CAD tools (including schematic and layout).
- Selection of component parts and obsolescence management.
- Production of design documentation (include technical and design proving reports/CE compliance and Product Test Specifications).
- Identifying and helping manage technical risk in their area within projects and developments.
- Providing adequate constructive challenge in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key issues.
- Carrying out engineering activity in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Ensure compliance to customer and quality requirements.
- Provide support to other engineering functions during development and production (such as Mechanical, Production, Test, Systems and Software).
- Investigation of faults down to component level.
Other (experience desired):
- Providing representation and presenting at internal and customer design reviews.
- Provision of practical engineering support to other activities within CSS, where time and priorities permit.
- Providing improvement suggestions for the processes and procedures in which the team operate.
- Basic firmware and/or embedded software development, for prototype bring-up and testing.
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the company's goals and objectives.
A Hardware Engineer will be accountable for:
- Ensuring the development and manufacturing costs for new projects can be minimised.
- Delivery of work packages to time, cost and quality requirement.
- Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical, business and project requirements.
- Ensuring the design is under suitable configuration control.
Tools, Software and Equipment used by the Hardware Engineer:
ECAD Tools - Experience using one or more of:
- OrCAD Capture & Allegro PCB editor
- Mentor Graphics DxDesigner
Firmware Tools - Experience using one or more of:
- Altera Development Suite
- Xilinx Development Suite
AutoCAD Electrical (wiring schedules)
SPICE modelling, such as LTSpice
All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out! Call Sian on 01342 330571 or click on the link to apply!