|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Essex, Commutable from Romford, Harlow, Southend, Colchester, Chelmsford, Enfield.
An innovative electronics technology company based in Essex are looking for a Hardware/Firmware Engineer to join there exciting team who are exploring new technologies for the Space Market. My client can offer you a rewarding career with exciting progression opportunities. They are working on some very exciting projects that you will never get to work on anywhere else. If you want to make a difference and work on something unique then this is the role for you!
The successful Hardware/Firmware Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: Competative (Very) FTC, Hourly or permanent
- 25 Days holiday
- Pension, Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perks at Work
- Simply Health
- Free on site car parking & On site canteen
- Discount gym membership at local gyms
Some of the main duties of the Hardware/Firmware Engineer will include:
- Take overall responsibility for the design and overall quality of the electronics hardware for various products, and provide leadership and guidance for team members.
- Documentation of all design specifications and implementation details, including the configuration control aspects.
- Leadership of all electronics design reviews, including System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR and Critical Design Reviews (CDR).
- Selection of the appropriate electronic components to ensure optimum trade-off between performance, availability (obsolescence & legislative - ROHS, WEEE) and cost.
- Lead efforts to reduce the overall footprint and electronics hardware Bill of Materials (BoM) costs across the system(s), including the development/trade studies of innovative and low cost architectures and methods.
- Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust, reliable and production ready hardware solutions, at the required price (BoM) point, that meet performance characteristics and to ensure quality, reliability and life meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate flexibility as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and therefore the ability to cope with an agile working environment is required.
- Collaboration with other engineering team members (including systems, software, mechanical and PCB layout engineers), as well as other partners, component providers and UK/EU national institutions (e.g. NPL, Dstl and ESA) to agree system specifications, interfaces and protocols.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal (subsystem qualification test level), to rigorously prove the correct operation of hardware prior to system integration.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its product lifecycle.
In order to be the successful Hardware/Firmware Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A strong background in electronic hardware and embedded software design
- Use of Zuken CADSTAR 17 or Mentor Graphics schematic entry
- Design of analogue, high speed digital and RF circuits for low power electronics, such as atomic clocks, mobile computing devices, portable communications systems, computing systems.
- Experience of creating robust, ruggedised and miniaturised electronics hardware designs (e.g. for military or rugged consumer products).
- Experienced in designing products to operate within a high noise environment & design for reliability (MTBF)
- BEng/BS in Electronics Engineering or similar
Experience for the implementation of technologies including:-
- Embedded Microprocessors (including ARM)
- CPLD and FPGA circuit implementation and programming (Xilinx, Intel, Microsemi)
- Power supply design for FPGAs and Processors
- Low power design
- Ability to design, integrate and test PCBAs and systems
- Designing and managing the layout of PCB's
- RF circuit (including Microwave) design
- Use of analogue, digital and RF test equipment
- VHDL & Embedded software (e.g. Embedded C)
- Interfaces: Ethernet, USB, SDIO, JTAG, RS232, RS422
- TCP/IP network technologies and protocols (including PTP/NTP)
- Experience of EN61010 product design and working to IEC62304
- Experienced in software design under industry recognised coding standards e.g. MISRA
- Understanding of real-time operating systems and typical APIs
- Experienced in high level programming of GUIs
- Experienced in structured analysis of potential and actual design failure mechanisms using DFMEA/FMECA.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance (Lived in the Uk for more than 5 years)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Hardware/Firmware Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.