|Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Technology, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Head of Business Development
Head of Business Development required to join a globally established Aerospace company based in Manchester who provide Software Solutions for Avionic clients. The Head of Business will prove to be of crucial importance, strategising to win new business and help expand sales for the company. This position will involve face to face interaction with potential clients on a regular basis to both build a network of business and ultimately drive revenue.
This role will involve up to 50% travel (mainly Europe but also occasionally outside of Europe). On offer for the Head of Business Development is an extremely competitive package.
The Head of Business Development will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify new business sales opportunities in the European/ROW marketplace
- Meet and exceed new business quota
- Build a long-term sales pipeline in your region with a wide people network that means you are credible and recognised brand ambassador in the sector
- Negotiate single source opportunities in the market
- Accountable for sales revenues
- Consistent, effective prospecting to develop and close sales pipeline
- Engage in industry groups and markets within the territory to promote the companies brand and identify new opportunities
- Understand business and personal drivers of senior external stakeholders, and help position this in win themes.
- Builds deep and trusted advisory relationships that will generate repeat business, and long lasting relationships
- Able to influence buying strategies, and procurement to ensure a non-competitive approach is selected by the customer
- Able to listen to various stakeholder needs, be they technical, short and long term or commercial and create a win strategy that appeal to all
- Liaise with the internal Bids specialist team to produce high quality, timely winning bids
- Identify and define the exact sales opportunity, win themes, pricing strategy and walk away pricing.
- Present at face to face bids and influence senior influencers to make the company the solution provider of choice
- Understand the competitors and what USPs they are likely to position in competitive bids
- Logging of all MI about opportunities, and network, and following company formatted sales procedure, but also identifying ways to improve it
Skills and Experience required to fulfil this role:
- Significant sales experience with a record of exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Significant experience of selling complex software solutions in the European market place with strong negotiation skills
- Aviation industry background
- Experience operating in a complex software solution environment in a competitive environment, able to sell complex solutions not just products
- Identify and lead new business sales opportunities
- Proven track record of delivery of personal sales targets
- Extensive experience of generating new business leads, and converting opportunities to commercially sound revenue
- Significant experience of engaging senior stakeholders, and influencing buying strategies
- Experience of creating compelling tenders
- Highly flexible to travel across Europe, whilst being based near the UK Head office to work with internal team (based in Manchester UK)
- Exceptional senior level presentation, written, and verbal communicator