|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Head Of Design
Head of Design needed for a glabally recognised aerospace organisation based in Bournemouth who are looking to employ a Head Of Design, a position that is critical for their business. The Head of Design has overall control of the Part21J, DAOS and A8-21 design organisation and is the nominated EASA Form 4 Head of Design for the Part 21J Approval and MAA DAOS Form 4 for the DAOS Approval.
On offer, there is a competitive salary that will be discussed upon application. All applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.
As Head of Design your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous Design Office experience in a senior management position.
- Proven leadership skills gained from running an engineering organisation with a diverse range of activities and staff numbers.
- Experienced in managing a department budget with accountable responsibility for achieving management targets.
- CVE for mechanical design, fuel systems, cabin safety, flight test.
- Team oriented and customer focused with proven communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated, confident and assertive.
- Proven track record at management level or similar role within a Part 21 or MAA DAOS Design Office.
- Previous EASA Form 4 or MAA DAOS Form 4 holder with experience in an organisation engaged in an aircraft or component manufacturing, maintenance and modification environment on fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, i.e. EASA, FAA, MAA, including flight test, Flight Conditions and Permit to Fly.
- Degree/HND/HNC in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
As Head of Design your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing the Part 21J, DAOS and A8-21 organisations ensuring full compliance with regulatory approvals and procedures Company policies and directives.
- Providing leadership and direction to, and has financial accountability to budget for, the design department.
- Ensuring that all design work undertaken is within the scope of the Company's Terms of Approval.
- Acting as a design CVE within own specialist areas.
- Undertaking specific project design tasks where required.
- Ensuring all projects are tracked against budgets and action is taken to address potential performance shortfalls.
- Working with key stakeholders and the company commercial and Special Mission Business Unit teams on preparation of quotations and tenders.
- Managing the customer interface for the department including addressing complaints, engaging with customers at all levels and ensuring the company is represented in a positive manner.
- Taking a lead role in recruitment of staff including identifying assessing applications and taking part in interviews.
- Carrying out staff development reviews in accordance with the company policy and assist in identifying and implementing training requirements to encourage, mentor and develop staff.
- To sign the Part 21 declaration of compliance with the applicable requirements after verification of satisfactory completion of the Type Investigation.
- Preparing and signing the MAA Certificate of Design and its submission for MOD acceptance.
- To ensure that CVEs and design staff are sufficiently and adequately trained to fulfil their roles and that they are competent to undertake the tasks allocated to them.
For this, Head Of Design position, all applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.