|Location: London||Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ryan Lockyer|
Head of Development / Head of IT
Head of Development / Head of IT for a global financial company in London, looking for an experienced Head of Development / Head of IT with an in-depth knowledge of Waterfall / Lean / Agile, Software Configuration Management (TFS), Windows 24/7 Support Environments, Transact-SQL, VB .Net, C#, Application Support, ITIL, Nagios, SQL, XML, Splunk, Python / Powershell, and more. This is a senior position however due to the broad range of duties involved you will still need to be hands on technical to get involved in Low Level Design conversations, coding when needed, and check Development Timelines etc.
The successful Head of Development / Head of IT will join a rapidly growing financial organisation who are offering incredible personal growth / progression, interesting / exciting work and:
- Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
- 24 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Exciting Work
What the role entails:
The main duties of the Head of Development / Head of IT will include:
- Change Implementation
- Work with developers, analysts, testers etc during during software release.
- Work with operations team to ensure changes are implemented and handed over
- Complete work within timescales and reduce downtime / operational impact.
- Adhere to procedures and policies (change control, auditing, security, release promotion, incident management, and configuration management).
- Track / Report regular tasks to ensure system availability (maintain continuous improvement roadmap).
- Ensure investigations / work undertaken is logged.
- Monitor progress of change requests.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed / SLAs achieved.
- Drive documentation / review of work rounds and revised procedures for Application Support and Operations teams.
- Be secondary point of escalation for support on the 24x7 operation.
- Drive excellence for application development & software delivery life cycle.
- Identify opportunities for more effective use of resource within development organisation & teams through knowledge sharing, co-operation, and allocation of tasks.
- Provide 3rd line application support on middleware / integration systems, performing root cause analysis / request fulfilment.
What you need to be the successful Head of Development / Head of IT
In order to be the successful Head of Development / Head of IT and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- 8+ Years' experience within Development / Development Management
- Software Development Lifecycles (Waterfall & Lean/Agile)
- Software Configuration Management (TFS)
- Windows based 24 / 7 Support Environment
- Writing / Using Transact-SQL queries, VB.NET, C#.NET.
- Low latency, High volume Applications / Systems
- Logical approach, adaptability, and ability to think outside the box during problem solving
- Flexibility to work within 24/7 operational support environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent #
- Communicate / Liaise effectively technical and non-technical staff on all levels
- C#, VB,Net, SQL
- OpsView (Nagios)
- MS SQL/Windows
- Scripting / coding in Python or Powershell.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Development / Head of IT to become an integral part of a rapidly growing organisation, and get involved with exciting work. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible as this is an urgent position.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.