|Location: Hertfordshire, England||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Head of Development
As Head of Development you will receive the following benefits:
- Benefits: Private Medical / Life Assurance / Subsidized Gym Membership / Interest Free Season Ticket
My client within financial services are recruiting for a Head of Development based in Hertfordshire with occasional travel to London.
As a Head of Development to lead, manage, support and monitor several agile sprint teams, made up of both local and near shore resources, to build and deliver industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions.
Head of Development responsibilities include:
- To be a key member of the Senior IT Management team and contribute to the future vision of IT within the business
- To lead & manage a team of senior software developers & software developers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating & performance managing the team.
- To review sprint delivery and monitor the performance of all team members.
- To facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects & support delivered by the team.
- To have a clear task list & plan for inducting new members into the team & on boarding them as quickly as possible.
- To drive consistent standards & approaches throughout the teams.
- To ensure that all code is well structured, clean and maintainable by the dev teams under your supervision.
- To deliver software which is well tested & consistently error free.
Head of Development essential skills:
- Proven experience of leading a team of developers in a multi-site setting.
- Experience managing near shore resources and relationships.
- Experience managing, directing & motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope & objectives.
- Proactive, self-starter & highly organised, with strong time management & planning skills. Technical & Architectural experience delivering cross platform software solutions and functionality across web, mobile devices (Android & iOS) and API interfaces.
- Experience with containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes), and cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
- Agile and LeSS experience.
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience within a financial services firm an advantage
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset an advantage