|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Up to £1 per annum + Salary discussed upon application|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Head of Energetics and Environmental Testing required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, this position is based across two sites, one in Southend and one in Sevenoaks.
My client are looking for a Head of Energetics and Environmental Testing to ensure that the capacity, effectiveness and operational delivery of the Energetics and Environmental Test capability is improved and sustained.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the business demand is satisfied by the delivery of safe and efficient operations for all of the facilities under their control. Facilities include:
* Environmental Test
* Environmental Test Facility and Rolling Deck
* Energeics Facilities
* Shock Test
Candidates for Head of Energetics and Environmental Testing must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
People Responsibility: c.19 direct and indirect
Organisation Responsibility: Responsible for the capability and capacity of the Energetics and Environmental Testing capability.
The role is further responsible for integrating the end-to-end delivery of through-life weapons support, including improving the capacity and efficiency of breakdown, sectioning and machining between the two sites. The role will also be closely involved with the implementation of the Sevenoaks transformation plan.
The role is accountable for driving facility efficiency and productivity improvements and
ensuring effective tasking and utilisation of resources deployed into the facilities from Engineering and Operations.
Capability: Responsible for managing appropriate facilities for Director Operations MLW and that they are fit for purpose for the short and long term requirements of the business. Instilling a continuous improvement culture across responsibilities.
Capacity: Collaborating with key leaders across the company to ensure that the capacity of their specified group matches the agreed demand. Provide improved, efficient and agile site capability via rationalisation/ transformation / technology. Delivering operational excellence through more efficient capability and improving listening and responding culture. Ensure success of strategic campaigns.
Culture: Develop an effective environment that facilitates vibrant and collaborative teams in line with leadership behaviours and values. Lead by example and act as a role model of the companies values and collaborative behaviours.
Change: Accountable for ensuring the embedding of the new delivery model and managing change to the new capability structure, members of their group through the change.
Technical Expertise: Responsible for driving thought leadership, best practice and increased performance throughout their facilities.
Collaboration: Through partnership and communication, work across business and functional boundaries within the company to create collaborative working relationships. Achieve transformed structure and operation, including all supply reviews, in partnership with Director Operations and the broader E&O team. Put in place improvement plans to achieve outstanding reputation for operational delivery at all levels
* Thought leader for Energetics and Environmental Testing
* Able to quickly recognise interventions needed to drive change in Energetics and Environmental Testing
* A respected leader across the Energetics and Environmental Testing operations community
* Experience leading complex outputs in a matrix organisation
* Experience of developing and line managing others and building effective organisations
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, able to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
* Ability to understand quickly the broad and diverse technical domains that the engineering and operations function supports and the implications to the development and sustainment of capability
Experience & Qualifications
* Demonstrable experience of working in a range of operations roles with a significant technical leadership background
* Proven leadership and capability development of operations to meet specific objectives
* Director level stakeholder engagement and leadership to ensure successful delivery of complex projects
* Continuous Improvement experience.
To apply for the Head of Energetics and Environmental Testing position please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.