|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Head of Engineering Design (Mechanical)
Rate: £55,000 - £65,000 + Package
Key Skills: Design, Quality, Stakeholder Management, Technology, Fusion Science, Mechanical, Budgets, Best Practices, Projects, Lead
Working from site, this is a perfect opportunity for an experienced head of design to work with a global leader in their field in some of the most high-tech facilities in the country. If you have the passion & drive to provide exceptional design engineering leadership, working with revolutionary technology & products used globally, hit the apply button now!
To be responsible for the efficient running of the Unit. Maintaining the technical configuration and high standards of engineering output & to maintain the resource capacity and skill set at the necessary level through forward planning of activities.
So, what will you be doing as a head of Engineering Design?
- Management of all design activities on site to deliver to quality, time & budget
- Take a defining role as the engineering champion, being the central reference point for design queries & assistance
- Cultivate & promote an environment that promotes intelligent working
- Esurance of safety & quality in all areas
- Manage the development efforts to ensure a motivated and qualified profile exists.
- Management of stakeholders
- To seek new opportunities while working with internal & external stakeholders to identify new engineering design opportunities
- Perform reporting at meetings and KPI's against milestones, risks, opportunities etc
- Embrace change in positively supporting all activities impacting the organisation.
What are we looking for in our next Head of Engineering Design?
- A relevant STEM engineering degree
- A fellow of a professional institute or working towards it
- A proven track record of delivering high technology projects to time, budget & safety
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams & develop standards
- Strategic & innovative thinker
- A good knowledge or understanding of technology, engineering or fusion science
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional Engineering Design expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation as the next Head of Engineering Design, hit that apply button now!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.