|Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex||Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Donovan|
Head of IT
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
A Head of IT needed for a multinational Insurance organisation based in Burgess Hill who are looking to employ an experienced Head of IT with a generalist IT bachground with excellent business facing experience. Managing a team of 35 with a budget of £6M you will be very strong with management, budgets, people and stakeholder management.
The successful Head of IT will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance
- Private Medical
- Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Head f IT will include:
- Supports and contributes to the definition and implementation of the business strategy
- Agrees and manages the technology budget for the division
- Supports the definition of changes and then delivers them
- Manages the team of technical staff, and partners in a matrix fashion
- Ensures that there is a cost effective delivery of service, acting as a point of escalation.
- Supports the CIO in the implementation and delivery of the consolidated group function.
What you need to be the successful Head of IT:
In order to be the successful Head of IT and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- The role requires an experienced IT professional with a strong technical and/or, product management background, who is capable of building strong relationships with Product Owners, Project Managers and Business Stakeholders, delivering against challenging commercial targets and driving through performance improvements across our technology delivery teams
- Degree qualified in a quantitative subject. May have a postgraduate qualification such as an MSc, MBA, or other business or scientific qualification.
- Ideally certified or member of a professional body - Chartered IT Professional (CITP), MBCS, FBCS,
- 10 years + post graduate industry experience within direct, outsource and captive offshore structures
- Ability to inspire and relate to technical staff of all levels, managing global teams of over 20 staff directly or through outsource operations
- Determination and motivation needed to drive forward step change improvements in technology delivery performance.
- Managed an in-house application landscape of core systems for more than 5 years
- Commercial acumen demonstrated by negotiating partner contracts up to £20m over multiple years, and sustainable SLA metrics for long term partnerships.
- Probably from a major software delivery & live service/operations organisation, possibly with a consultancy background.
- Personable and professional leadership style that is customer focused, and always strives to achieve a win-win scenario despite having to resolve conflict and take difficult decisions on behalf of the Group.
- Admired and seen as a best-in-class IT leader across the Industry.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of IT to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.