|Location: Munich||Salary: + Bens|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Head of Network Deployment
Head of Network Deployment required for a position based in Munich. My client delivers and integrates digital networks. With core capabilities in Optical Interconnect, Virtualised Access Solutions, Network Software and System Integration, they are the industry's leading end-to-end solutions provider for global digital networks.
The Head of Network Deployment role will be responsible for overseeing all construction work in the field including the management of construction partners and suppliers to ensure compliance with the project build requirements and providing an appropriate level of quality assurance with the goal of a right first time build.
Head of Network Deployment responsibilities:
- Ensures that Network Deployments are completed on time, within budget and the right boundaries of quality and safety.
- Managing several contracts, including the management of change notices through a formal contract arrangement.
- Ensuring Deployment lifecycle data and stage completions are logged with the Delivery & PMO, through the delivery systems to allow seamless, real-time communication to clients and internal stakeholders
- Managing risk, planning, reporting, forecasting and implementing mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Managing safety and building a strong safety ethic following IS45001 safety standard
- Ensuring ISO9001 process documentation for all core processes used within the Deployment engine.
- Overseeing all construction work in the field including the management of construction partners and suppliers to ensure compliance with project build requirements and providing an appropriate level of quality assurance with the goal of a right first time build.
- Liaising with internal Network Design, PMO, Supply Chain and Operations teams to optimise the plan for an economical build programme, to deal with changes between departments to ensure a seamless experience to the clients.
- Stakeholder management, working with councils; regulators; the general public etc.
- Working collaboratively with construction build partners to develop strong relationships and alignment to ensure mutual success.
- Working with specialist teams on the negotiation of easements and wayleaves and ROW where necessary
- Managing risk aligned with the programme delivery. Strategy alignment, identifying synergies and share best practices to drive consistency, always challenging and driving innovation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the client, owners, and owners of supply chain organisations and suppliers on all assigned projects, attending divisional trade contractor meetings and providing support in the effective management of supply chain performance and reviews.
Required skills for the Head of Network Deployment role:
- 10+ Years' experience within a similar role in a major infrastructure/capital build programme of more than £100m million, e.g. Telecoms, Rail, Infrastructure, Defence, Pharmaceutical, Highways, Nuclear etc.
- 10+ Years' experience with outsourcing or sub-contracting services within the telecoms deployment Industry
- Experience of building strong relationships with contract partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of CDM & NRSWA regulations
- Programme Management within a build or Network infrastructure/construction environment and have worked for a telecoms/fixed-line/broadband company or contractor
- Qualified in a project management methodology such as APM (Practitioner) or Prince2.
- HNC in Civil Engineering or similar
- Management of Capex & Opex spend working closely with the Finance team
- Experience in successful leadership of a team, with the ability to inspire and develop high performance
- High learning agility, adaptability and track record of exceptional results
- Results-oriented change agent with analytical skills
- Determination to succeed in a new environment whilst building sustainable relations with suppliers
- Experience using EPM, SAP Ariba is highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of Network Deployment to work on high profile projects. Please get in touch to discuss immediately!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.